Wednesday 4 January 2012

Wednesday

Today was a slightly more chilled day:

I had a dentist appt first thing so the children were left to fend for themselves for a bit: Noah decided to use the time play 'Spy Hero's' and Lily helped him to create a costume!  


After they were washed and dressed we walked down to the local shops and brought our dinner:
  • Beef from the butchers (were we had a discussion about imperial and metric measurements and Sophie asked for the quantity we wanted)
  • Potatoes and onions from the Green grocer (along with a look at brussels sprouts on the stem and a discussion about olives!)
  • Bread rolls from the bakers (were we learned about baps and soft flour rolls).
On the way home the girls were fighting so I made them carry the shopping between them. That soon shut them up!

After lunch I had to visit some clients so the children chose to watch 'High School Musical' whilst I was gone.  A few quick chores when I returned (all helping) then 'tea at three' (this is now a daily ritual in our home; tea made in a pot with Lily's home made cakes.  Guess that's why I way 10lb heavier than before home schooling).  Over tea, Noah started painting his Volcano; Sophie learnt to use the iron and ironed her Hamma Beads; Lily read another book (that's two in two days); and I put together my 'baby in a pelvis', a cool gift from a client.



To finish off the day, Sophie had horse-riding lessons; Lily very helpfully tidied up and Noah watched some TV and did some more Hamma Beads.

Learning and sharing all round I think...

Angela x


1 comment: