Monday 9 January 2012

Monday (2)

We have a lose plan for the week, and Monday mornings is PE.  The children had a small amount of time before we headed off to the local pool, so Sophie and Lily used the time to start some art projects and Noah created some Lego projects.



We left everything set up and then headed off to Walton - I didn't enter the pool today as I have a headache that I just can't shift.  They had a good swim and practised their diving skills.


After lunch, Lily had the dentist and Sophie and Noah decided to stay at home and watch some TV.  For the rest of the afternoon, the girls continued their art projects, Noah did some painting, we lit the fire and read some books, did a puzzle and just hung out.

Later on, Noah used the laptop to play interactive games on CBBC and Lily checked out her new face book account.

It occurred to me today, that whilst I am updating the blog on what we are doing, I haven't really explored how it feels to be at home.  On the whole, the days pass quite quickly and there is always something happening. The best part is the freedom and not having to rush around getting ready for school; we are eating well and talking lots and lots which is reconnecting us as a family; playing has come naturally again to the children.  However, Lily is finding it quite lonely and is keen to see what secondary school could offer (we are visiting Thamesmead tomorrow); Sophie has good days and bad days.  I would say that she seems more confident within herself, and although she says she is fine, I can't help feeling that their are huge elements of school life that she is missing.  Noah is the most easy going and really wouldn't mind going back to school and enjoys being at home too!

As for me..............  to be honest, I find it incredibly demanding and tiring. I feel huge pangs of envy when I see mums having coffee WITHOUT children hanging of them.  I hate my house being messy so find it hard to just let things go; the children tell me I have an OCD but I like my house neat and welcoming.  That's just the way I am.  I have moments of great clarity when I think 'yes I can do this', but they aren't as frequent as the moments when I want to send them to school.  Hmmmmm......

Angela x

No comments:

Post a Comment