Sunday 24 February 2013

Sabbatical

I had three lovely blogs planned for last week; they are still in the notebook and no-where near emerging on this blog!

I have to make a decision at the moment about where my energy is needed most, and right now that is fighting to save my future as an Independent Midwife; from October this year my work will technically cease to exist.  This is a travesty - not least because I love working this way, but because women's only 'choice' in maternity is to use the NHS.  This is not always the choice women wish to have, and the system is often unable to provide women with the care they may need.

My children are beautiful, challenging, funny, spirited, intelligent and great; we will continue home education and have no plans to return them into the state education system.  This talk reminds me why:



So for now, as I focus my energy on the fight to save Midwifery (which I invite you to support as it is such an important issue for women and the mothers of the future) I am taking a sabbatical from this blog.

If you enjoy my writing,  you can follow my midwifery blog which will continue.

Thanks for sharing our journey and we hope to be back in the not too distant future.
angela xx

No comments:

Post a Comment