Sunday 20 January 2013

My perfect home ed day

Last Monday we had the most perfect home-ed day; I wanted to share it with you as I feel I normally moan about the bad bits of home-ed.  It's not all bad - just hard sometimes - but last week we had a brilliant day and if I could have 3 days out of 7 like that then I would be a very, very content and happy mama.  Something to aim for.....

So we woke up to a thin blanket of snow on the ground - yay!  After breakfast the children headed off to do some reading - our theme for two weeks is 'Africa', inspired by the new BBC documentary, so we raided the book shelf and found lots of different books to support the general theme.  My favourite book is 'The Illustrated Atlas of Wildlife' which is full of amazing photos and facts about Wildlife and is just beautiful.

Before we headed out to do our Supermarket Challenge Noah and I made some paper aeroplanes from this awesome kit he got for a Christmas pressie (How to Make Paper Planes); we measured how far the planes flew, converted the measurement from cm's into decimals and then back to imperial - Math's in action!




The nicest thing about home ed is we are on our own time-table (mostly), so we headed outside to introduce Chester to his first snow:


After lunch we watched the Africa documentary on catch up, and then the children did some 'Copy Writing'.  This term I want to focus on writing, grammar and punctuation and to try and encourage the children to develop a love for creative writing.  Several homeed families I know recommended Brave Writer to support these aims; I love the website and the ideas that are shared and we are slowly introducing some of the concepts into our weekly work - it's really inspiring.

Late in the afternoon I headed off to visit a client, leaving Sophie in charge; I came home to find a tin full of delicious rice-crispie cakes made by Sophie, and that Lily had created some home-made beauty products; the best part was they had left the kitchen clean and tidy!!

Honey scrub

Honey and Milk bath foam

Home made lovelies!

Finally, I finished off my day with some crafting to complement the cold weather - a lovely winter headband; I took the pattern from my friends website 'Craft Snob', made a slight alteration and embellished it with a flower.



Perfect.

A really lovely day......now, if only I could repeat that!

angela xx


I figure that if the children are alive when I get home, I've done my job. 
Roseanne Barr 

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous puppy!!

    Thinking of you!
    Gaynor Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he is gorgeous - got home from some women we know!

    angela x

    ReplyDelete