Thursday 23 August 2012

Unravelling me

In March this year my mother died.

I wrote about her death and my loss in earlier blogs; about how hard it was at the time, and the realisation that I was affected more than I presumed I would be.

I had to put aside some of my grieving due to midwifery commitments; when you are caring for a woman in labour, you need to hold the emotional space around her (see my midwifery blog) and the birth space is not the time or place for your own emotions to fill this....

I have been off-call now since early July; slowly, I can feel some of the grief starting to release and bubble to the surface.  I know this because I have started to cry again; I am 'unravelling' - a phrase I have stolen from this insightful blogger.  It feels scary and raw, but really good to let go and miss my mother, to think about her, and to remember her with all my heart.

My tears are healing tears; my heart and soul feel strong and I am well.

Heart aches
Tears flow
Memories.  Loss. Missing you.
always. forever. 
love you mum.


angela xx


1 comment:

  1. Huge hugs. I don't think people have any idea what it's like to lose a parent until it happens to them. Take it gently. I found the Australian bush flower essence Sturt Desert Pea to be a wonderful remedy for grief. Love, V

    ReplyDelete