Wednesday 21 March 2012

May the sun shine again!

It has been a very difficult couple of weeks since my mother died; her death affected me far more than I anticipated and I have had to accept that I am grieving for her, and for all the lost years in-between.  I have a client due any day, but have had to hand over her care to another wonderful midwife for this week at least, as I give myself some space to breathe and care for me and the family.

I am however, starting to feel better, and am confident that there will be better times and sunny days ahead!  Since I last posted, I have paid very little attention to the children; Noah, I have noticed has become quite disruptive and aggressive and there is lot's of bickering between them all.  Thinking about it fully, I am aware that he is quite probably BORED.  My grief is not his grief, and whilst the children have been as understanding as they can be (for children!) they have / had no emotional attachment to my mum, so it's totally alien to them to feel upset.

Today I decided it was time to nip the boredom in the bud, and to try and focus my energy on them.  Wednesday is history club: Noah really did not want to go as he is missing his friend Jasper (he's not doing it this term), but I rallied him up and we headed off to Woking for the Tudor's session.  In the end, Lily and Noah really enjoyed the session, and today they did some weaving and learnt about the Tudor 'diet', and Noah made a new friend.  I did have to stop myself from giggling at the presenter today; he-spoke-in-such-a-monotone-voice-that-the-children-were-very-bored-and-I-thought-he-would-be-great-for-my-insomnia!  Poor boy (yes he was young enough to say that!) was totally scared by all the people looking up to him.

Tudor Weaving....

On the way back from History club, we stopped at Mercedes-Benz World and had a little wonder around (we had to collect something from there), and even stopped for tea & cake.  The plan had been to come home and follow up on the tudor lesson, but with the sun shining beautifully we headed off to the park on our bikes instead.  Lily spent almost two hours roller-skating (need to take camera next time) and Noah made another new friend and went 'exploring' for most of the time!

We plan to follow our time-table again and to bring some kind of routine into our daily lives.... we are also planning some huge changes (watch this space) but in the meantime, let's hope the sun continues to shine.  Everything feels better when the sun is shining.

Angela xx

No comments:

Post a Comment