Friday 10 February 2012

This Week....

....we have been busy!  Lily has been at school full-days and has found that much better than she thought.  We have had a few upsets and sibling rivalry but otherwise all is good for the girls at school.  I think they were mightily disappointed that the snow had melted by the time they got out of school today!

On Monday, Noah and I spent the morning at home just pottering and preparing for the week ahead.  Noah is slowly developing a real love of reading so it was great to see him sit and read for a really long time and then come and tell me all about what he was reading.

Tuesday was spent visiting Hogarth House in Chiswick which was really interesting and Noah enjoyed the trip.  I think what he enjoyed most though was that we were in a group of about 5 other boys all around his age; he had a great time chatting and playing with them all.

Wednesday is History club at Surrey History Centre (a great place to take the children) and it was the last session on Romans.  Noah has really enjoyed this group (not least because his new best friend Jasper goes along too) and is looking forward to studying the Tudors next half-term.  In the afternoon I taught another Y7 group, so Noah went off to Jaspers to play; I really enjoyed teaching (I did a session on labour and birth) however this particular group were quite fixated on death and dying.  Too many soap opera's influencing their knowledge me thinks.

Thursday Noah spent the whole morning on his roller-blades perfecting the art!  We are decorating (that's a very royal 'we' as I am basically choosing colours and Ben is doing all the grafting) so there is no furniture in the sitting room which makes it a great roller disco venue.  Lily also got new skates this week so they are having a great time!  In-between bouts of roller-blading, Noah and I painted a huge coliseum; Noah learnt how to make a drawing look curved as well as how to blend colours to get the right shade (apparently coliseums where 'skin' coloured so it took a while).  Noah is very proud of his piece of work.

We have been doing postnatal visits in the afternoon to the lovely baby who arrived safe and sound last week: on Thursday afternoon the proud dad took Noah and their dog for a walk whilst I saw to mummy and baby.  I think dad was quite worn out by the end and amusedly asked me where Noah gets his energy from and observed that 'he talks quite a lot'.  Yes.  I know.  I think he just talks as much as he can when his sisters aren't there because usually he cant get a word in edgeways!

Today I needed to work most of the day so Noah spent the day with his Abuelo (that's my dad, and is spanish for grandpa).

Angela xx

(Sorry - no photos this week as I was totally useless and forgot my camera.  duh)

Half-term next week so we are just doing fun things as a family.  And hopefully have a few lie-ins!

No comments:

Post a Comment