Tuesday 13 December 2011

Staying in and facing the storm....

So, Lily got offered a place at an Independent School (with posh people and not 'chavs' is her description) but after much reflection we have decided to stay at home all together.  Now I know that should make me jump up and down with glee (at least for saving £1600 a month!!!!) but school is sometimes so convenient.....

Right now it is 12 days until Christmas; normally by now I am super organised, the presents are wrapped, cards posted and I sit in slightly smug satisfaction that I have Christmas sorted.  NOT this year; with three children at home nothing I really plan to achieve happens as I plan it..... so with 12 days to go I am feeling slightly worried.  I have however found a fantastic cure.  Red wine.  A bottle normally does the trick.

So we are staying on our journey together and hopefully there will be calm after the storm.......

Anyway, really should share some home-learning with you all: a couple of weeks ago Lily did her baking project: she had to plan, advertise and manage her 'Lily's Little Bakery' idea and then produce and sell her wares at her dads work.  This is her busy:


And this is the finished product (which she bagged and tagged with ribbon)


Total profit of > £20.  A very pleased young lady.

Angela x

1 comment: